Why become a member of the IOP?
The IOP is helping to shape what physics looks like across all areas of society. Whatever your business sector or specialism join our vibrant community of people who share your passion and excitement for physics. In return we are here to support you, your career and professional development in the following ways:
- Business Innovation – connect with other likeminded individuals in business to share knowledge, explore collaborative opportunities as well as access business support and accelerator workspace
- Awards and recognition – in a competitive environment it’s becoming increasingly important to seek external validation for your achievements. The IOP’s Business Awards for individuals, and companies, and Fellowship status are excellent ways to showcase your experience, expertise, accomplishments and those of your organisation.
- Leadership and influence – our members drive improvements and develop policy in response to the issues facing industry. Apply your experience to see how we can use physics to support UK industrial growth, and work together on the diversity issues that impact the business community
- Professional development – whether you’re early in your career, established in your career and looking for new opportunities, or perhaps considering a change of career, we have many resources to support you. Access our Career Development Hub to make use of a broad collection of online tools, insightful articles and courses on topics including career and business management skills. We also offer a range of professional registrations as the ultimate mark of commitment and recognition of your achievements; RSCiTech, EngTech, RSci, IEng, CPhys and CEng
- Knowledge networks – wherever your special interest lies, there’s always more to find out. Our dedicated Business Innovation and Growth Group enables access to a full range of benefits tailored to business by members in business. Your IOP membership opens the door to knowledge and keep you abreast of developments across the discipline through our flagship magazine, Physics World and enables you to connect with the physics community through local branches, volunteering and outreach opportunities
If you have any questions about IOP membership, please email email@example.com or call 020 7470 4800. For all other business related queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you.
IOP Carer's Fund
The IOP Carers’ Fund is available to help members with caring responsibilities attend physics-related meetings, events or conferences that they might not otherwise be able to go to.
For more information, please visit the website.